Friday, June 3, 2011

We Are Growing!!!

My hostas are growing unusually big this year- it reminds them of a rain forest!  The potatoes that I'm growing in different ways as an experiment.  I should have grown more.  Town and Country gave me the old tires and I love the simplicity of it.

Gardens in my mind need to go with your environment and be simple!  Not perfect and yet functioning.  Kind of like me!

6/1/11 Potato!  Check out the before photos in earlier blog post.     


Lemon Lime Succulent in my $1 Basket and Pot!  My friend Marlene was so kind to share this at the greenhouse!  Thanks Nurse Marlene!!!!!      

 My kids say this is a Psych Ward bucket but Ruth assured me that it was an old coal bucket for the city.  So I proudly display my odd bucket on my very chair.  When the sun comes out it will become beautiful!



My washtub that was upside down last year holding up my drip hose has taken new life this year with this cool trellis that I found on clearance last year at Alco.  Can't wait to add the Nasturtiums to a salad.  I am Leary about the amount of sun these two pots will get and how the flowers will grow but we will see.


Last year this "behind the scenes" of my berm was just a great place for my mulch!  Wasted space I decided so have planted squash to grow from it to the fence.  My hope is that it will spread out over the grass clippings and help "squash" the weeds as well as be available for my grill every day!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment