Sunday, September 4, 2011

David's Raised Bed Design


I have loved my raised beds that David and the boys made for me.  My goal all summer was to put in the Buster Bed!  Buster was our very loved family pet and the bed is where we buried him.  It was a beautiful day with two boys so we decided to get it done.  Although when we were finish...we all missed Buster and were wistful for Joshua.

People have asked how we made ours so this is it...  I do use clear caulking to fill in the larger cracks in the joints and I water proof the wood later.

Leveled!

4X4X6 Treated Post

Deciding the Lay Out.  (Oops you can see the chair that is waiting for a trip to the dump!)

Is It Square?



Drilling the Holes!
  
Drilling the holes through.  Two on each corner.  They set up the corners so they are super sturdy!

Hammering in Two Foot Re-bar.... Way Harder Than It Looks!





Next Step:  Fill the bed with the compost and dirt that I've been saving and water.  Add the chicken manure and grass clippings and it will be ready to work through the winter.  It will be our pepper bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment