Thursday, September 22, 2011

Slowing Down-Planning for Next Year


Several nights of "almost freezing" and our growth time is slowing down quickly!! One final bed needs amended manure, compost and grass clippings and leaves.  I'm moving in plants and tools and taking in my owner to be fixed and put away.  So in the spirit of wrapping up I'm making notes now and planning for next year.


To Do Next year:

  • Plant more potatoes!
  • Make more raised beds.
  • Create my own custom tomato cages.
  • PUT UP A PRIVACY FENCE!
  • Draw garden layout and organize plant ordering now!
  • Space my plants more realistically.
  • Put stakes out immediately when I plant.
  • Beg my husband to make a drip system and water collection system for me.
  • Write when and where I plant everything AS I plant them!
  • Peruse the dumping spots for flat rocks and bricks to finish a path around my beds.
  • Re-design berm with the plants for butterflies and grasses.
  • Cover herb beds.


No comments:

Post a Comment