Saturday, April 21, 2012

Growing Purple Coneflower


My experiment for this spring has been starting purple cone flower, black sampson and big blue stem from seed.

How's it going?  Slowwwww.  Did you know that they are considered finicky and can be difficult?  They grow slowly.  They have a reputation for being impossible!  According to USDA and Natural Resources Conservation Service Plant Guide "when the proper steps are taken, it has extremely dependable germination."

Once again, I've learned that I should be jotting down my observations in my journal!

I have transplanted them as they were getting "leggy" but now they seem to be stalled again.

Big Blue Stem transplanted.

I started in small seed flat but will start them in a much larger pot to begin with.

No comments:

Post a Comment