Sunday, December 29, 2013

Seed Catalogs Have Arrived!!!


Spring must be just around the corner, right?  Seed catalogs are coming in the mail!  I am making my list and checking it twice.

This year I want to be more intentional.  My goal is to learn more about each plant and begin with the new perennials such as Jerusalem artichoke and Horseradish.

My plan is to have a journal committed to my garden.  As I create a seed list, I will add the information I learn about the specific plant.

This will take some time!
Did you know Jerusalem artichoke is a member of the sunflower family?

Jerusalem Artichoke (Helianthus tuberosus)
It is a perennial.
Grows 4-9 feet tall and produces yellow flowers and tubers.
The tubers contain "10% protein, no oil, and a surprising lack of starch" according to Wikipedia.

I have much to learn!!!

I would love to know if you have a systematic method to your madness?  To planting and learning more about your plants?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment