Thursday, August 4, 2011

A Little Saggy!

My garden is looking a little saggy and weary after the hot and humid days they have faced lately.  They look slightly better after a rain last night. 

And yet... they continue to produce.  The tomatoes loaded and beginning to ripen.  Zucchini is piled at the door for the neighbors and blended and hidden in whatever I can sneak to the boys!  Peppers have been grilled and potatoes are dug.  In fact, I pulled out a potato that I thought was dead to find dozens of spuds in it's roots.

Herbs are growing like mad-now what do we do with them?  That's the new thing I need to learn!


Looking out my back window is a lesson in looking past the obvious to what is under and within.  When the plants were gorgeous without a dry leaf or a bug bite- they were not producing.  Now, looking a little worse for wear- they are providing for our table.

Makes one wonder if those times in our lives when we are a little saggy, shaggy, dry, beat up and wilted- is when we produce the most fruit?  Something to think about!

No comments:

Post a Comment