Thursday, March 29, 2012

Time to Thin in the Garden and in Life


In the garden and in my life...it's time to thin.

Thinning the seedlings in our garden is important to the life, health and productivity of the plants.  It reduces competition and helps each plant's capacity to produce.  

However, after waiting and watching for those new leaves to push out of the ground; I'm not excited to thin them.  There is nothing wrong with the little plant that gets pulled and seems to go against all we are trying to do.  

It's easy to pull the weeds that are competing for the time, energy and resources in our garden but taking out the crowded plants is just as important.  

My life is the same way.  So many good things in it.  Activities, projects and goals sprout in my mind or become available to me.  

Like always, I tend to get "overcrowded" quickly.  Activities and projects compete for my attention draining precious resources such as energy, time and focus. 

 Areas of my life become sickly because of stress...leaving nothing of value.

In life and in our gardens...it's time to thin out to prepare for a healthy productive season!

No comments:

Post a Comment