Friday, March 2, 2012

It's not complicated. Yet.


It's not complicated.  Yet.  Give me a minute and that could change.  Why don't I just, "Get Ready..."

When my boys were little, this was our nightly ritual.  We would say "Get ready.  Get set." Waiting as  as long as possible until three little boys yelled, "Go" taking off running. What a great game!

Get Ready... Expectant.  Prepared.  Excited.  Get in position.  Focus.


Making things difficult is a gift I have.  Complicating and confusing.  It's not. 

I'm reminding myself tonight that gardening is simple.  Not complicated.  Work.  Dedication and commitment.  Not complex.

Gardening is a fairly simple endeavor.  Good soil.  Seeds.  Water.  Sun.  Planting and weeding.  Getting out of the way.  

Who needs 20 kinds of carrots, lettuce and fifty different tomato plants? Good grief.  The more I research varieties and what should be grown when and where the more I think I should just go and pick up whatever jumps in my hand.

So here is my list.   I've whittled it down.  

 Asparagus:
Jersey Giant or Supreme


Beans:
-Pole. Kentucky or Kentucky Blue

Carrots:

Danver:     Healthmaster
Imperator:  Sugarsnax

Cucumber:
 Sweet Slice

Kale:
Vates

 Lettuce:

Looseleaf:  Red Sails.
Oakleaf

Onions:
Oasis

Peas:
Oregon Giant
Sugar Daddy

Peppers:
King Arthur

Potatoes:
Dark Red Noland
Kennebec
Yukon Gold

Pumpkin:
Small Sugar

Radish:
Cherriette

Spinach:
Melody
Olympia

Squash:
Zucchini
Sunburst

Tomato:
Big Mama
Big Beef
Bush Celebrity

Mesclun
Society Garlic

No comments:

Post a Comment