Monday, July 16, 2012

According to my new book, "Permaculture" by Sepp Helzer, "permaculture is designed so that all of the plants and animals living there will work in harmony with each other."  He continues that one has to "make proper use of the available natural resources we have to work with nature and not against it.  Using what we have.  

One cornerstone of permaculture is the use of terraces in the landscape to prevent erosion and provide structure and support for growth.

In my little yard, I use these concepts heavily.  It allows me to use every spot as efficiently as possible.  Provides support for those new plants and allows me to rotate throughout the growing season.  I can't wait to add more!

In so many ways nature teaches us about the order and way that God set things in motion.  For example, plants do better with a partner and in a family.

The older plants provide protection until the young ones are strong.  Soon those young ones are providing a place for my older ones to lean up on for strength.

What if we adopted this practice of mentoring, coaching and interdependency through our lives? 

No comments:

Post a Comment