Monday, September 24, 2012

The Little Things Matter


It is the little things that count.  Today is my day at home and I have been busy!  

Pulled some great carrots from the garden.  Am drying some and made broth with the rest to freeze.  Brought in a few more tomatoes to dry.

Turned over half the large bed.  

Beginning a new berm.

Emptied the final flower pots and laid them to wash them.  A great time of year to assess the plantings and what went well and what didn't.  I used this time to poke out some more drainage holes in the ones that didn't quite drain right.
I cleaned all of my planting pots and utensils and stored in a trash bag in my cupboard.

What are you doing right now that will give us a headstart next spring?

What supplies/containers for next year's garden can we check clearance aisles for at our local stores?

What clutter in the garden shed needs junked? 

Can things be washed, dried and stored now for easy access this spring?







No comments:

Post a Comment