Saturday, March 5, 2011

Humus

Humus: The stuff left over in my garden such as decayed leaves and vegetable matter that feeds my plans.   

Humus is a root word and is related to humility.  Interesting correlation between the rotting plants and compost in my garden to those humiliating events and times in my life.

Those leftovers, rotten fruit, veggies and coffee grounds, worm "poop" and decaying leaves mixes in with the soil to create the nutrients that will strengthen my new plants this spring.

The humiliating experiments of my planting and failing attempts at new strategies actually leads to the healthy build up of my soil and the beautiful flowers of spring.  Lord take those humiliating events of my life and mix them into my daily life to create the soil for growth and productivity.

No comments:

Post a Comment