Monday, March 14, 2011

Monday's Mercies

Sunshine!!  60 plus weather today.  My spring bulbs are beginning to come alive with Lillies pushing their way up through the dirt and the leaves.

Turned the soil in two of my beds and added some compost to the top of one.  This year I am going to add some topsoil and some chicken manure.

Is also the time to do some hardscaping which includes stain/sealing my old wooden chair and getting ready for a top coat.  It is all ready to put a pot of flowers on it for spring.  I'm shoveling dirt to ready the restraining wall bricks that will replace by rocks around the flower bed in the back.  Painting pots.

I have collected items for our "Buster Bed" which we are making to memorialize our wonderful and faithful friend Buster.  Buster died in May after helping his boys grow up.



Other items to my To Do List includes:
1. Placing my remaining bulbs.
2. Building my Buster Bed.
3. Placing the salvaged windows.
4.  Spray painting my pots.
5.  Replacing my rocks with a retaining type wall for my flower bed.
6.  Raking the leaves off the perennials and wild flower bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment