Thursday, March 31, 2011

Reflecting the Sun

This spring I'm excited to try giving my garden a boost with extra reflection.  I've read about the tomato mulch and other ideas for sun absorbing tips so the spots without the full hours of sun can still produce.  A few scraps of tin roof, recycled aluminum foil and some white paint for a wall.  After getting my plants established I am going to lay those reflective materials down!  Can't wait to see what happens.
Sounds like April could have some interesting weather patterns so will keep a close watch on that!  Checking my farmers' almanac!  Looking for a bulb that is full spectrum that I can put in my heat lamp.

Finally, have been planning how to use those beds that are flowers more efficiently.  So for example the bed where my Karl grass and Russian sage grow along with some annuals I've decided to grow squash on the back side.  This area is usually the dumping grounds for grass clippings and trimmings with several feet of wasted space. I think that with a little bit of tin foil- that Zucchini will do just fine!

Looking at growing some herbs in a window box and some strawberries with the flowers in another bed.  I've never grown strawberries and want to expand some herbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment